Hakainde Hichilema is a Zambian Business Man, a politician, and the President of Zambia.
As a businessman, Hakainde Hichilema becomes Chief Executive Officer of a leading international professional services firms; Coopers and Lybrand (C&L) at the age of 26 and he is the second-largest cattle rancher in Zambia.
As a Politician, he has contested 5 consecutive times (2006, 2008, 2011, 2015 and 2016 ) for Zambian Presidency before wining the 2021 Zambia Presidential election.
Here are 10 quotes of Hakainde Hichilema.
10 quotes of Hakainde Hichilema
1. Africa needs businessmen who don’t need to make a living from politics but go into it to help grow African economies. It will be their policies that will help take Africans out of poverty through enterprise.
2. I did not come here to seek your sympathy. I came here for justice. You can take that sympathy somewhere else.
3. Fellow citizens, in both bad and good times, we still remain Zambians and Zambians first. We were Zambians before we became politicians, we are Zambians now and we will be Zambians tomorrow and always. All of us regardless of political and religious affiliation, race or indeed tribe, must unite and help combat this deadly coronavirus disease
4. It is our duty to carry this nation, to wrestle it away from negative elements, thuggery in our markets, in bus stops, and work places.
5. Adversity, not only tests us, but it can either destroy or build us. We choose the latter and we believe we shall emerge stronger as a nation.
“We are at war fellow citizens and the world is ahead of us, we cannot afford to remain behind. Even as we pray over this disease, we also implore each one of you to take self care actions in observing strict hygiene and following instructions of our health care officials, for faith without action is dead”
6. Act of destruction, violence and persecution threatens our political freedom. We must protect this precious inheritance by continuing to stand for liberty in our nation.
7. Friends, I urge you not to pay attention to anyone that seeks to divide us on tribal or partisan lines. We have always expressed willingness to assist the PF in the fight against COVID-19, as well as interventions that will rescue our economy.
8. When a person’s opinion or political views differ from yours, they are not your enemy. We must embrace diversity and respect those who oppose us
9. Being ‘quarantined’ in our homes gives some of us the real feeling of what our jobless citizens, especially the youth, go through every day. You feel you have what it takes to do something for your country, yet you are helpless, despite having the right academic qualifications.
10. An unfortunate situation such as the Coronavirus pandemic should be an opportunity for citizens in each country to take some lessons in terms of investment decisions and priorities especially for an unpredictable future.