AFRIKA KOMMT fellowship was launched in 2008 by Nineteen of Germany’s leading businesses who are committed to human capacity and economic development of young people.
The fellowship trains young, future managers from Africa on-site with German Companies. And it is aimed at creating a win-win situation for the programme participants an partner companies in order to lay the foundation stone for sustainable economic cooperation with Africa aims at forming stable cooperative partnerships for the future.
Table of Contents
Why you should apply for AFRIKA KOMMT fellowship
- The fellowship offers more than the chance to acquire further training.
- You will have first-hand practical experience in a leading German enterprise
- You will be exposed to leadership concepts and management techniques in practice and become acquainted with working processes and business culture in German enterprises
- You will learn the international management competencies of German enterprise
If you are selected for AFRIKA KOMMT fellowship, you are entitled to the following:
- An individual German language course before departure to Germany
- Monthly living allowance of € 750,-(August, September and October 2020;
- An intensive German language course in Germany including fees, accommodation and living allowance
Travelling expenses -Flights, Visa, etc.
- Accommodation during all stages of the programme in Germany (including internet allowance, electricity, water and other charges)
- Programme-related travelling expenses in GermanyMonthly living allowance during the theoretical phase
- Visa for Germany for one year Roundtrip airfare from your home town to Germany and back Travel to a refresher course and back.
- One-off relocation fee of € 1.000,-for settling back into the home countriesMonthly salary during the internship in the companies of approx. € 1.500,-grossImportant note:
How to apply
Application is done through an online application system which can be accessed by clicking here.
Here are the 4 critical steps
Step 1: Check the general candidate requirements – do you fit the criteria?
Step 3: Visit https://www.afrika-kommt.de/ and fill in the application form in English.
Step 4: Submit your application BEFORE 10.01.2020, 23.59h CET – applications submitted
Note: There will be a webinar for applicants on 19 December 2019 at 3 PM (CET) to ask questions and seek clarification about the fellowship. To register for the webinar click here
- Citizen of a country in Africa
- University degree in a relevant subject (please see individual company profiles)
- Postgraduate degree (e.g. MBA) is an advantage
- Two to five years of relevant work experience
- Excellent English language skills
- Basic knowledge of the German language is an advantage
- Not older than 35 years and physically fit
- Female candidates are welcome
Closing Date: January 10, 2020