The African-German Youth Initiative Innovation Fund is an initiative of the German Federal Government and the African Union Commission (AUC). This open call for application is the second open call for project proposals under the African-German Youth Initiative Innovation Fund
Objectives of African-German Youth Initiative Innovation Fund
- To improve and innovate youth exchange and mobility between African countries and Germany
- To develop essential competencies and skills among young individuals from African countries and Germany by focusing on sustainable global development and strengthening the idea of ‘global citizenship’ by reaching directly out to relevant stakeholder
Eligible for funding are projects in the fields of:
- Field1: Enabling African alumni from German-African youth exchange programs to act as multipliers for youth exchange and youth voluntary services.
- Field 2: Promotion of innovative and inclusive approaches of African-German or trilateral youth exchange for skills development in line with the SDGs and the AU Agenda 2063
- Field3: Promoting innovative community-based change projects within the context of African-German youth exchange and voluntary youth services to implement the AU Agenda 2063 and/or the SDGs
This Is Who can apply?
- For field 1, applicants have to be 14-35, for the other fields there are no age restrictions.
- Applicants have to be registered as a non-profit organisation in Benin, Togo, Ghana, South Africa or Tanzania.
- There is an option for non-registered youth groups to apply through a parent organisation.
How to apply
The Application Process is very simple.
- Ensure that you complete your project proposal, work plan, budget, logical framework and compressed them into into a single zip file before accessing the application portal.
- The proposals’ budget should be between EUR 2.000 to EUR 12.000 and the implementation period should not exceed 5 months.
For further, more detailed information please refer to the CfP2 Manual and its Annexes.
- South Africa
– WESSA – focal point: Mike Denison ([email protected])
– TYC – focal point: George Kessy ([email protected])
- Benin, also a hub for Togo and Ghana:
– GIZ AGYI Benin – focal point Fawaz Ayah ([email protected])
In the link below you can download the application documents and templates:
Download CfP2 Manual and its Annexes in English
Download CfP2 Manual and its Annexes in Swahili