The application for Food and Agriculture Organization Internship 2020 is on. This is what you should know.
The objectives of the Food and Agriculture Organization Internship
- As an agency of the United Nation, the FAO drives international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. So the Internship Programme is a learning opportunity aiming to attract talented young women and men who are strongly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience in FAO’s domains.
- The programme provides selected students, enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate or post-graduate degree programme or recent graduates with the opportunity to supplement, their academic knowledge with a practical work assignments in a field related to the work of FAO which will enable them to gain a better understanding of FAO’s mandate and programmes.
- The Programme provides FAO with the assistance of qualified individuals specializing in relevant fields in connection to FAO Strategic Objectives and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
What you will do
- The intern will report to an assigned supervisor.
- The intern will be assigned to different fields of work according to his/her profile and to the needs of the Organization.
- The intern will perform the functions specified in the Terms of Reference (TOR) prepared by the hiring office before the beginning of the assignment and agreed by the intern.
- Enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate degree programme in a bona fide (i.e. listed in the IAU/UNESCO data base) educational institution at the time of application or recent graduates.
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Candidates must have a working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset. Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE and LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations.
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother or father) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Internship Programme.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the proposed duty station prior to the start of the internship assignment.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Technical/Functional Skills
- Relevant academic experience in one of the fields of the Organization.
Information to applicants
- Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non- and under-represented member nations as well as candidates from the global south and Indigenous Peoples are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates are requested to attach to their application a letter of motivation, the evidence of attendance in a recognized university or copy of their academic qualifications and copies of their language proficiency certificates.
- All applications will be reviewed and only qualified applicants will be directly contacted for interviews by the hiring office.
- FAO pays a monthly stipend to interns if they are not sponsored by sending universities or other entities
How to apply for the Food and Agriculture Organization Internship 2020
- If you are a first-time user, before applying to any requisition (vacancy), create your candidate profile by clicking here.
- If you are an existing user, click on the “Access vacancies” button, fill out your credentials and click on Log In.
- Once you are logged in, you can access your profile by clicking on your name in the upper right corner. You can use this profile to apply directly to job openings in FAO’s career portal.
- Please note that only applications received through the FAO career portal will be considered.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Changes made to your profile when applying for a job are job-specific. Updating your application for one job does not change the version you submitted for other jobs.
Closing Date: 31/Jul/2020, 9:59:00 PM