Hifikepunye Pohamba was the second President of Namibia. Born on August 18,1936, Hifikepunye Pohamba won the 2014 Mo Ibrahim Foundation prize for African leadership.
He was elected as Namibia’s second President in 2004 and re-elected in 2009. Here are Top 10 Quotes of Nambia’s Second President, Hifikepunye Pohamba.
Top 10 Quotes of Nambia’s Second President, Hifikepunye Pohamba
1. Now, more than ever we must be united, just as unity was vital in the liberation struggle, it is still very important for the implementation of our common objectives.It is in doing so that we will be able to address our needs and fully exploit our potential. A divided community spends valuable time in internal wrangles that can only sap its strength and ensure it failure
2. I believe the new African leader must strive to deliver peace, unity and equitable development. This means governing in the best interests of all citizens, regardless of the political, ethnic or religious affiliation of communities.
Read: 4 Famous quotes of Namibia’s first President Sam Nujoma
3. The public resources at our disposal are limited. It is, therefore, imperative that we are guided by prudent financial management. In other words, strict financial discipline will be enforced
4. Namibia is my country. Namibia is your country. Let each and everyone of us make a positive contribution to the development of our beautiful country.
5.Namibia must identify, deploy and harness appropriate technologies that can contribute to the development of skills for our work force and the creation of new employment opportunities through value addition to our natural resources
6. In a few minutes time, you will receive the qualifications you have worked hard for, and for which you and your families have made many sacrifices. You are poised for success, and eager to pursue your dreams. You have also reached a point in life where you can pursue goals which will benefit our country, your communities and your families. This is our expectation from you. (On the 15th Graduation Ceremony of the Polytechnic of Namibia)
7. This is a very challenging time for business schools. In the face of the global economic crisis, there are many uncertainties about how the economy will affect everything from enrolment to partnerships. We also face crucial questions about whether today’s models for business and research are still relevant and socially responsible
8. Without social justice, we will not be able to create a just and fair society. A just society is where all citizens are having access to basic opportunities to enjoy well-being and the fullness of life; That is access to decent education, employment, housing, health, land, other infrastructure and amenities. Anything less will result into conflict and social strive with a high risk to destabilize political and social harmony.
9. Namibia is not an island. Our economy is intertwined in many ways with the global economy. We must uphold the values, ideals and practices that represent and promote a common African identity. We must continue to promote and broaden these practices because we are proud Africans.
10.Let us continue to nurture our policy of national reconciliation in recognition of the fact that pain, suffering and the wounds that were inflicted by the war will take time to heal
1 thought on “Top 10 Quotes of Nambia’s Second President, Hifikepunye Pohamba”
Hello. This post was extremely interesting, especially because
I was looking for thoughts on this topic last Thursday.