Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus is not just the first person from Africa to serve as the Director General of the WHO, he is also the very first non-physician to do so.
Born in Eritrea, East Africa, in 1965, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus is the current director general of the World Health Organization (WHO) .
He holds a bachelor degree in Biology, Master’s of Science degree in Immunology of Infectious Diseases and a PhD in Community Health.
Tedros is from Ethiopia, he has served as head of the Tigray Regional Health Bureau, State Minister of Health from 2003 to 2004, Minister of Health, Ethiopia, 2005, Chair of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria, Co-Chair of the Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Board and Chair of the Roll Back Malaria Partnership Board
10 Famous Quotes of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
1. The world has 11 years left to make good on its sustainable development goals. Universal health coverage is key to ensuring that happens, universal health coverage is a political choice : today world leaders have signaled their readiness to make that choice. I congratulate them.
2. Together, we are powerful. Containment starts with you. Our greatest enemy right now is not the Coronavirus itself. It’s fear, rumours and stigma. And our greatest assets are facts, reason and solidarity.
3. Ebola taught us a valuable lesson: Global health security is only strong as its weakest link
4. Quitting tobacco is one of the best things any person can do for their own health.
5. Insecurity has become a major impediment to ensuring that we can access, engage with and serve the communities we wish to serve in Ebola control.
6. We need to Walk the Talk on physical activity, but we also need to Walk the Talk on universal health coverage. All roads should lead to universal health coverage.
7. The continued increase in cases this past week reflects the complex reality of conducting an effective outbreak response in a geographically difficult area with a highly fluid population, intermittent attacks by armed groups, and limited healthcare infrastructure.
8. Our founders did not set out to make modest improvements to health. They envisioned a world in which all people enjoy the highest attainable standard of health, as a fundamental human right.
9. We will not settle for a world in which people get sick because the air they breathe is not fit for human consumption. We will not settle for a world in which people have to choose between sickness and poverty because of the costs of paying for care out of their own pockets.
10. For the past 100 days, our unwavering commitment has been to serve all people of the world with equity, objectivity and neutrality, and that will continue to be our sole focus in the days, weeks and months ahead
3 thoughts on “10 Famous Quotes of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus”
Now I know why Trump cut the funding to WHO. Trump hates African American, Trump hates Africa, Trump only love himself
I don’t think so, yes Trump has an echo problem. He is a man that wants to do everything perfectly. He wants to be the best, the greatest and the biggest.
He is doing all he can for America and the World
This man did not handle the coronavirus outbreak well. it took them months before declaring it a pandemic.
And they are still covering up for China for bringing this woe on the World