Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf is Africa’s first female head of State.
Born in Monrovia on October 29, 1938, Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf was the 24th President of Liberia who served between 2006 – 2018
She has won Nobel Peace Prize ( 2011) Presidential Medal of Freedom (2007), Indira Gandhi Prize (2012), Ibrahim Prize (2017)
She was elected as the first female Chair of the Economic Community of West African States in June 2016.
Here are 10 Powerful quotes of Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf to inspire your day
1. If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough.
2. The size of your dreams must always exceed your current capacity to achieve them.
3. We are here because we share a fundamental belief: that poverty, illiteracy, disease and inequality do not belong in the twenty-first century. We share a common purpose: to eradicate these ills for the benefit of all.
4. Ethnicity should enrich us; it should make us a unique people in our diversity and not be used to divide us.
5.Future generations will judge us not by what we say, but what we do.
6. Leadership is never given on a silver platter, one has to earn it.
7. To girls and women everywhere, I issue a simple invitation. My sisters, my daughters, my friends; find your voice.
8. There is no easy fix or youth unemployment. Partnership between the public and private sectors can make a big difference.
9. I believe that there are certain attributes in a woman that give her some advantages over a man. Women are usually more honest, more sensitive to issues and bring a stronger sense of commitment and dedication to what they do. Maybe because they were mothers, and being a mother you have that special attention for the family, for the young, for children.
10. As more men become more educated and women get educated, the value system has to be more enhanced and the respect for human dignity and human life is made better.