African history is not complete without African Proverbs. As an entrepreneur or someone who is working toward financial freedom you need a collection of some Motivational African Proverbs to keep you company.
A good example of an African proverbs that you should never forget is : “Only a fool tests the depth of a river with both feet.” Meaning: It’s only a fool that jump into a situation without thinking about it.
Here is the list of the top 30 Motivational African Proverb as compiled from our collections of African Proverbs.
Top 30 Motivational African Proverb
1. No matter how long the winter is, spring is sure to follow. -Guinea proverb
2. To try and to fail is not laziness.
3. Those who accomplish great things pay attention to little ones.
4. He who wants to be famous will have many sleepless nights
5. Every fame has a foundation
6. A tree is straightened while it is still young
7. There are no shortcuts to the top of the palm tree.
8.Haste and hurry can only bear children with many regrets along the way
9. Having a good discussion is like having riches
10. The sun never sets without fresh news.
11. Rising early makes the road short
12. By labor comes wealth.
13. Little by little the bird builds its nest
14. Only someone else can scratch your back
15. However long the night may last, there will be a morning.
16. He who does not seize opportunity today, will be unable to seize tomorrow’s opportunity.
17. Wood already touched by fire is not hard to set alight.
18. He who doesn’t clean his mouth before breakfast always complains that the food is sour.
19.Lack of knowledge is darker than night.
20. Do not scare the birds you are going to shoot
21. An old story does not open the ear as a new one does
22. If you are filled with pride, then you will have no room for wisdom
23. Hope does not disappoint
24. A brave man dies once, a coward a thousand times
25. By crawling a child learns to stand
26. A man cannot sit down alone to plan for prosperity
27. He who tells the truth is never wrong
28. The elephant does not limp when walking on thorns
29. Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands
30. One camel does not make fun of the other camel’s hump