Because love understands all languages and it’s such a beautiful thing, we have selected our top 25 Nigerian Proverbs on Love and Relationship. These Nigerian Proverbs on Love and Relationship will give you a better understanding of the word “Love”.
They say Love conquers all things, and the best way to express love is to love, because by ‘loving’ you will be loved in return.
Here are Top 25 Nigerian Proverbs on Love and Relationship
Top 25 Nigerian Proverbs on Love and Relationship
1. Hold a true friend with both hands
2. When a ripe fruit sees an honest man, it drops
3. You know who you love, but you can’t know who loves you
4. Without knowing a person we must not hate him
5. Now the marriage begins,” says the woman who has been beaten with thorns.
6. A child does not die because the mother’s breasts are dry
7. You can’t jump from one tree to another but you can from one man to another
8. When the music changes, so do the dance
9. We can not choose who our relatives should be, even though we may come to like some better than others.
10. Ugliness with a good character is better than beauty
11. A bird does not change its feathers because the weather is bad.
12. The woman is cold water that kills you; deep water that you drown in
13. When the right-hand washes the left hand and the left-hand washes the right hand, both hands become clean
14. The man that won’t marry a woman with other admirers won’t marry a woman at all
15. Rather than tell a lie to help a friend, it is better to assist him in paying the fine for his offense
16. One finger cannot remove lice from the head
17. Love is better than a whip
18. What affects the nose must also affect the eyes that must weep for it
19. The body of joy is not so big
20. When the laborer is praised, his cutlass begins to cut more keenly.
21. Marriage is like groundnut, you have to crack it to see what is inside
22. It is the habit that a child forms at home, that follows them to their marriage
23. If the owner of a calabash calls it a worthless calabash, others will join him to use it to pack rubbish.
24. He who does not mend his clothes will soon have none
25. If there is character, ugliness becomes beauty; if there is none, beauty becomes ugliness
1 thought on “Top 25 Nigerian Proverbs on Love and Relationship”
Loved all of them