Robert Sobukwe was one of founding fathers of the Pan-Africanist movement in South Africa. Born on December 5, 1924, Graaff-Reinet, South Africa, Robert Sobukwe dedicated his life to findings solutions that would liberate Africa from white domination, and bad leadership.
He was the founder of the Pan Africanist Congress, a congress that was a great opposition to the South African apartheid system.
Here are 10 Powerful Quotes of Robert Sobukwe
10 Powerful Quotes of Robert Sobukwe
1. There is only one race, the human race
2. Let me plead with you, lovers of my Africa to carry with you into the world the vision of a new Africa.
3. The wheel of progress revolves relentlessly and the nations of the world take their turn at the field glass of destiny. Africa will not retreat, Africa will not compromise, Africa will not relent, Africa will not equivocate, and she will be heard! Remember Africa.
4. Africanists reject totalitarianism in any form and accept political democracy as understood in the west. We also reject the economic exploitation of the many for the benefit of a few.
5. I wish to make it clear again that we are anti-nobody. We are pro-Africa. We breathe, we dream, we live Africa because Africa and humanity are inseparable.
6. We meet here today, to rededicate ourselves to the cause of Africa, to establish contact beyond the grave, with the great African heroes and assure them that their struggle was not in vain.
7. We take our stand on the principle that Africa is one and desires to be one and nobody, I repeat, nobody has the right to balkanize our land.
8. The philosophy of Africanism holds out the hope of a genuine democracy beyond the stormy sea of struggle.
9. We regard it as the sacred duty of every African state to strive ceaselessly and energetically for the creation of a United States of Africa from Cape to Cairo and Madagascar to Morocco
10. We must, therefore, appreciate our role. We must appreciate our responsibility. The African people have entrusted their whole future to us. And we have sworn that we are leading them, not to death, but to life abundant.
5 thoughts on “Top 10 Powerful Quotes of Robert Sobukwe”
I think that, the history and pre events leading to the 21st of March 1960 are not clearly researched. This is a shortsighted historical interpretation in that, I don’t even see the name of the late Nyakani Tsolo who actually was leading the Sharpeville march. The likes of the late Ike Makiti who served time in Robben Island and others.
Someone volunteered to research on Ike Makiti, Nyakani Tsolo, and many others. You are right, Africa has so many unforgotten heroes, we will do our best to write on them.
“We must, therefore, appreciate our role. We must appreciate our responsibility. The African people have entrusted their whole future to us. And we have sworn that we are leading them, not to death, but to life abundant”.
This quote by Robert Sobukwe questions the lots in the government of the day, this tell you how responsible leader Sobukwe was. More so he knew the characteristics of many leaders who did not conform to correct moral rectitude.
This is inspiring,the evils unleashed on our own must be stopped,either by sweat and blood
Facing reality if Sobukwe had lived to this far,no sons and daughters of the soil would be suffering the way they do and until this lunatic government is outvoted the worst is coming,Mandela left us without telling us how to call children’s of Somalians,Bangladesh,and other foreign nationals to our sisters, same people he accepted into our land Azania