Acquiring a mobile phone these days seems almost like a Herculean thing to do as mobile phone prices are constantly on the rise. Still, you can buy that phone you desire with the help of Easybuy.
Easybuy has made it possible for a large number of people to acquire phones and other devices at a flexible pay rate and their convenience. With Easybuy, buying a phone is easier. This article will guide you on how to buy a phone and pay later with Easybuy.
What is Easybuy?
Easybuy also known as buy now pay small small later, is a mobile device financing platform and a subsidiary of the consumer loan company-Palm credit. It allows its customers to purchase mobile phones and other devices on credit and pay back later in monthly instalments, making it easier to not spend above your budget.
- Be employed or have a reliable source of monthly income
- Have a valid Identity card, this could be a voters card or a national identity card or even a student identity card.
- Have a valid ATM card linked to an active financial account and a BVN(Bank Verification Number).
- And also must pay an initial deposit of 30% of the price of the phone.
This is the last requirement and it only occurs after a person has presented proof of having the first three listed requirements.
They have flexible interest rate that also varies depending on the loan tenure you choose and the price of the phone. However, their interest rates are not alarming and you can still buy that phone you want. Their loan tenure ranges from 3-6 months, with 6% of the total money owed for 6 months loan tenure and 9% of total money owed for 3 months loan tenure.
Mode of repayment
They offers convenient options for loan repayment. You can repay your loan and even your spouses would not know about it unless you tell them. They app allows its customers to repay their loans by using the app, mobile app transfers, over-the-counter payment at a bank and through RAVE by Flutterwave.
How to Buy Phone with Easybuy
Locate an agent
- The first step in buying a phone with Easybuy is locating an agent.
- Easybuy operates the ground agent feature which allows people to easily sign up on their platform. Their ground agents can be found at shops and stores where mobile phones and other devices are sold.
Register with the agent
- After you have successfully located an agent, the next thing to do is to register on the platform.
- You will be asked some relevant questions by the agent you have found, please be honest with your answers.
- You will also be required to provide your details and necessary documents which are part of their requirements.
- Documents and information needed are Valid identity card, BVN, Debit card information( to enable auto-debit when monthly paybacks are due), salary information, name, phone no, address, company name, and photo of you(selfie) etc.
- The agents will also request that you provide 4 people who can attest to your creditworthiness and character. Attestation is usually done through a phone call to the persons you choose as your referees.
Choose your Preferred phone
- After you have been found worthy to receive an Easybuy loan from the agent, you can proceed to select the phone you want to purchase from the store’s several mobile phone options.
- Easybuy supports the purchase of a wide range of devices provided the store has it all you have to do is choose the one you want.
Pay an Initial deposit and set a convenient repayment plan
- Here, you will be required to pay an initial deposit for the mobile phone you have chosen.
- Easybuy will demand you pay up to 15% initial deposit for the market price of the phone you have chosen. That is to say, if the market price for the mobile phone you choose is 50,000 naira, you will only be required to pay an initial deposit of 15,000 naira.
- You will make this initial deposit to the store you are buying a phone from with the help of the agent.
- Don’t worry about the leftover fee, Easybuy will behind the scene, complete the phone’s payment to the store. All your loan repayment thereafter will be made directly to Easybuy.
- Now, you will have to set a convenient repayment plan with Easybuy. You can choose to go for the 3-month or 6months loan tenure, but remember certain interest rates apply for each. So choose a loan tenure, you will be comfortable with.
Setup your information on the app
- Setting up your information on the app after you have successfully bought a phone with Easybuy is the last thing to do on the Easybuy process of buying a phone.
- You will have to download and log in to the Easybuy mobile app for consumers. You can download the app on your smartphone’s play store.
- After the app download, you can log in and set up your loan repayment mode. You will also be required to include a valid debit card and authorize auto-debit on it. This will enable Easybuy to auto-debit your account when your monthly loan repayment is due.
2 thoughts on “How to buy a phone and pay later with Easybuy”
Hi admin, thank you for the article. Please, I lost my phone I used to sign up on EasyBuy, I got another one and when I try to login, it will redirect me to another page. Could this be the problem?
Hi , I did easybuy nd dy phone gt lost,dy Balance is yet to be completed . Dy costumer service re on my neck to complete the payment. I told them to track the phone nd I will complete dy payment immediately, dey said, they Cnt track dy phone I should complete the payment.