The World Bank Summer Internship Program 2020 has been in existence since the summer of early 1970s and it offer opportunities for highly motivated individuals to have a first hand knowledge and working experience of the World Bank.
Table of Contents
This is what you need to know about the World Bank Summer Internship Program 2020
- The internship provide opportunity to graduate students to gain exposure to the work of the World Bank Group.
- As an intern you will work on research projects and will design projects and occasionally participate in Bank missions.
- The number of interns hired for yearly depends on the bank need, but it usually between 150 – 200 intern per cycle.
- The most common fields of study are: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social sciences (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, and private sector development.
- Interns are paid on an hourly basis for the actual hours worked.
- The deadline for application is January 31, 2020
Who should Apply.
- You can apply for The World Bank Summer Internship Program 2020 if you meet the following criteria:
- If you are from any country which is a member of the World Bank Group.
- You must have an undergraduate degree and be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a master’s degree or PhD with plans to return to school full-time).
- There is no age limit
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of languages such as: French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese is desirable
How to apply
Take time to prepare your application and enter your personal information accurately. You will be asked to upload the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of Enrollment in a graduate degree
- The following application checklist is meant to facilitate your application experience.
- Ensure that you use either Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Internet Explorer 10 or higher as your browser version.
- Please make sure that you are connected with a reasonable bandwidth of internet connection without any network/firewall restriction.
- You will be asked to register for an account and provide an email address.
- You must complete your application in a single session and you will only be able to submit it if you have uploaded all the required documents and answered all the questions (all questions marked with an asterisk-*- are required).
Please complete the application within 45 minutes to avoid a system timeout.
- Provide the most current contact information. Ensure that you have correctly spelled out your email address, since this will be our main channel of communication with you regarding your candidacy
- Ensure that you have correctly spelled out your email address, since this will be our main channel of communication with you regarding your candidacy.
- Remember to enter your complete phone number (country code + city code + number).
- Please do not enter any special characters (â-<>&#â, etc.) in any of the application fields. Try not to copy and paste any characters/text from Microsoft Word.
- Please upload the following documents (mandatory) before submitting your application:
i. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
ii. Statement of Interest
iii. Proof of Enrollment in a graduate degree
Note: Each file should not exceed 5 MB and should be in one of the following formats: .doc, .docx, or .pdf
Click here to apply