Remarkable Mary Akpan is a writer, a public speaker and the founder of Remarkable Mary Akpan Foundation – a Non Governmental Organization based in South South, Nigeria. As a writer, she is the Author of ‘Youthful & Useful, an inspirational book aimed at inspiring young people to maximize their youthful years. As a public speaker, she has inspired many people through her pubic speaking engagements.
Her NGO which she started at the age of 16 has continued to help the less privileged in the society and create educational opportunities for young people in rural communities. Just recently her NGO organized a free medical outreach in Onna Local Government area of Akwa Ibom state, South South Nigeria, where over 100 people with challenging eyesight were given free medical attention.
Here are 6 quotes of Remarkable Mary.
6 Quotes of Remarkable Mary Akpan
1. People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.
2. Feminism should be a fight for all humans. Not just women.
3. My first challenge was not knowing how to. When I knew how to, the challenge I began to face was lack of funds. But then, I’m not desperate for anything. If I can do something, I’ll do it. If I cannot do it, I’ll stay back.
4. One of the things I hope to do is make sure our educational system is of standard. Nigeria is where we are because of our educational system
5. I just hate to see people suffer. I just hate to see people treated in a way that ought not to be so
6. Foundations are owned by people who are financially buoyant to reach out to humanity, but I choose to start one at my teen age because I believe it is about the content of the heart, hence nothing is little to give to someone in need