Africa is the only black continent on earth and an interesting continent to visit. It is the world’s hottest continent with deserts and drylands covering about 60% of land surface area. There are so many interesting facts about Africa, but we are just focussing on the 15
Read on to find out the 15 interesting facts about Africa.
20 Interesting Facts about Africa
1. The largest Country in Africa is Algeria
Algeria is the largest country in Africa at 2,381,741 km2 (919,595 square mile), in terms of population, it’s the 9th most populous country in Africa.
2. The World largest desert is in Africa
The Sahara with a surface area of 9 million square kilometers is the World’s largest non-polar desert, and It is located in Northern Africa.
3. The Longest River in the World is in Africa.
Africa is home to the longest River in the World which is River Nile. The Nile which measures about 6,670km in length runs through Egypt and flow through Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, South Sudan, Uganda, Ethiopia, Sudan, Kenya and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
4. Africa has eight of the 11 major biomes and the largest-remaining populations of lion, elephant, rhinoceros, cheetah, hyena, leopard and hundreds of other species
5. Equatorial Guinea is Africa’s only Spanish-speaking country
6. Angola has more Portuguese speakers than Portugal
7. Ethiopia is the only African country with its own alphabet, it’s called Ge’ez
8. Lake Victoria is the largest lake in Africa and the second-largest freshwater lake in the world.
9. More than 50% of the world’s French-speaking population lives here on the continent
10. Africa is home to the world’s largest living land animal, the African elephant, which can weigh between 6 and 7 tons.
11. Apart from Ethiopia and Liberia, all other African Countries was colonized by ‘foreign power’ during the scramble for Africa.
12. Over 50% of Africans are under the age of 25.
13. Africa is the world’s second driest continent (after Australia)
14. Lake Malawi has more fish species than any other freshwater system on earth.
15. Africa has over 25% of the world’s bird species.
4 thoughts on “15 Interesting Facts about Africa”
Thank you Malinda,I appreciate your comment, I hope you have subscribed to our newsletter
Thank you Nellie,we appreciate your comment,best wishes always
Originality is the best optimization you can do. However, there is Yoast, Rank Math, and many others. They will guide you on best practices, but ranking on search depends on the competition involved with the keyword you are targeting, search the keyword first on google, know who you are up against, engage google keyword planner, do your own research, write from your heart based on your research, style, and experience, promote your link on your social media pages. The ranking will come with time. If you need any assistance, do well to email us [email protected]
Thank you so much, please be sure to subscribe to our newsletter