The World Food Programme Summer Internship 2019 is sponsored by the United Nations World Food Programme (WEP)
As the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide, the World Food Programme mission is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger and ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Table of Contents
About the Programme
The World Food Programme Summer Internship is an 8-week full-time program for highly qualified Egyptian students and fresh graduates to explore the opportunity of working with the United Nations in Egypt.
What you will learn
- You will learn about WFP and its culture through real-life work experience, a field visit to one of the WFP sites in Egypt and exposure to various job roles. We will provide you relevant soft skills and on-the-job training and feedback to kick-start your professional career. Through this experience, you will develop new skills and make new connections that very well might provide professional references for you someday.
- You will have clear job responsibilities and live the experience of being a WFP employee.
- You will work with professional teams and receive formal training and ongoing coaching.
- You will get the chance to enrich your skills and work with people from 30+ nationalities.
Requirement and Responsibilities
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of interns is on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Here are the requirements for World Food Programme Summer Internship 2019.
- University students with graduation year in 2019 or 2020.
- Recent graduate (max. 6 months after graduation)
- Full-time availability in the period of July and August.
- Strong academic track record (good, very good or excellent ratings)
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Extracurricular activities are a must.
- Previous internship experience is a plus
- Studies in International Relations; Security; Counter Terrorism or Extremism in the Middle East, Political Science, and analysis (is an added advantage)
Deadline to submit Application is 27 April 2019
To apply, kindly click here