Proverbs reveals many things about the wisdom and culture of any Country, in Zambia for instance, Zambian proverbs are the grassroots of our connection between the struggle of the past and the reality of the present.
Zambian proverbs are not just wise saying, they are the spirit guide that inspire our success story, the very bond that is keep us safe, happy and successful.
Top 20 Zambian Proverbs
1. Those who laugh at other’s mistakes often make the same mistakes themselves.
2. The first may not necessarily arrive first.
3. One who enters the forest does not listen to the breaking of twigs in the brush.
4. Today’s Bush is Tomorrows Forest.
5. Your feet will take you away from home, but your stomach will always bring you back
6. He who keeps on trying, get’s the reward
7. The shark who has eaten cannot swim with the shark that is hungry
8. You learn a lot about a man by his behavior when hungry
9. He who falls does not rise on his own
10. Where there is a finger there is a cultivated field
11. One hand cannot pick Lice from the head
12. Jump over a log but not over your neighbor’s word
13. A fat woman warms the night better than a strong fire
14. If you have no teeth, do not break the clay cooking pot
15. A madman drops a stone in a well, but forty wise men cannot take it out
16. The mouth puts the head in trouble
17. Lies have short legs
18. Things that are stolen will really never make you rich
19. Kneeling you eat with elders, keep standing you have nothing
20. To get rid of anger, first weed out the bitter root
21. Speak to the dog, but take the stick into your hand.
22.You have to look after wealth, but knowledge looks after you
23. If you are ugly, learn how to dance
24.Treat the days well and the day will treat you well
25. A little arm follows another