With over 2 million sellers and 40 million buyers, Fiverr is the world’s largest freelance services marketplace where you can sell your skills and services to other people without the need for a traditional storefront or website.
With opportunities like this, there is bound to be a vast competition, especially among service providers(sellers), hence the need to learn how to stand out and attract customers on Fiverr.
In this article, I’ll be showing you exactly how to get started on this valuable platform and amidst the competition, how to make money from it.
Table of Contents
What Is Fiverr?
Fiverr is a freelance marketplace for service providers to sell their services to the public. If you have skills that other people would find useful and want to make money, this could be an option for you.
You can set up your profile on the site where you can state what you do, how much it costs and other important details. People who are interested in the skill you offer can then connect with you and if your terms are favorable, strike a deal.
If someone orders something from you directly through Fiverr, then you get paid via PayPal or Payoneer or directly deposited into your bank account.
Fiverr gives you access to hundreds of different gigs that are perfect for beginners who want to start making money online from selling their skills while they build their own brand, and what’s more, it’s free to join!
What Can You Sell On Fiverr?
There are over 400 different gig types available on fiverr. Some of them include:
- Logo design.
- Web development and design.
- Content writing for blog or website.
- Photography & videography (including filming).
- Editing and proofreading.
- Voiceover and many more!
Gigs can be sold at any price point depending on what kind of value it provides for its buyer – from as little as $5 up through $500+ per gig – which means there’s no limit to how much money someone could potentially earn from selling their own creations online via Fiverr.
How to Set Up your Profile
- Download the Fiverr app and sign up.
- Create an account as either a buyer or a seller.
- Add a profile picture, name and brief bio describing what you do.
- Add your payment method. You can add a PayPal account if you wish to accept payments through them for the services that you offer. If not, go ahead and choose another option like Google Wallet or Bitcoin Cash! If you’re signing up as a buyer, you can add your card details or whatever medium you will be using to pay for services you buy.
Top Tips For Success
Getting that first gig might seem difficult at first but in reality, it’s really not so hard. You only need to put certain things in place that would attract customers and you’ll see how easy it is to get gigs. Here are a number of those things:
- Make sure you have a professional profile photo. It should be a clear photo of you with good lighting and tidy background. Resist the urge to put up a picture of you with friends or family or pets as it does not portray professionalism.
- Add a title that briefly describes your gig. Make sure to have a clear description of what you do.
- Learn how to pitch effectively. This would come in handy while sourcing for gigs.
- Have good customer service and respond quickly to any messages or questions from customers.
- A rating above three stars is ideal for getting more gigs on Fiverr! If appropriate, include links to social media profiles where people can see more about you (e.g., Facebook pages).
- Your pricing should be reasonable considering the amount of work and time involved in creating the service. You want to charge enough so that buyers are comfortable buying something from you without feeling ripped off because they paid too much but not too little either. You don’t want to undercharge for your work.
In conclusion, it’s important to remember that Fiverr is a marketplace for freelancers and not just a place to sell services. If you want to make money on Fiverr, you need to be able to position yourself to find the right clients who are willing to pay for what they need.
Fiverr is the right platform to promote your creative services, earn as a freelancer and even make money as a full-time job. Many people have made thousands of dollars with Fiverr. If you provide honest work and excellent service, your success will follow.