LinkedIn is a powerful networking tool that can help you make connections with potential employers, colleagues, and other business professionals. In order to get the most out of LinkedIn, it is important to have an attractive profile that stands out from the competition. In this article, we will discuss some tips for creative an attractive LinkedIn profile.
Table of Contents
How to Create an Attractive LinkedIn Profile
1. Start with an Appropriate profile picture
Your profile photo is one of the first things people will see when they visit your LinkedIn profile. And just like with any other social networking site, first impressions count! So, you want to make sure that your photo is professional and represents you in the best light possible.
Here are some tips for choosing a great profile photo:
- Choose a close-up shot that shows your face clearly.
- Make sure the photo is well-lit and in focus.
- Wear clothing that is appropriate for your industry.
- Do not use selfies or group photos.
Once you have a great profile photo, you are well on your way to creating an attractive and effective LinkedIn profile
2. A background photo
Here are a few tips to help you choose the perfect background photo for your LinkedIn profile:
- Pick a background photo that is relevant to your industry or profession. For example, if you are in the healthcare industry, you might want to choose a background photo that features a hospital or laboratory. If you are in the financial industry, you might want to choose a background photo that features Wall Street or the Stock Exchange.
- Choose a background photo that is high quality and resolution. LinkedIn recommends using a photo that is at least 1400×425 pixels.
- Avoid using a photo that is too busy or cluttered. You want your background photo to be eye-catching, but you don’t want it to be so busy that it is difficult to look at.
- Avoid using a photo that is too personal. Your LinkedIn profile is a professional platform, so you should avoid using photos that are too personal or intimate.
- Choose a photo that is well-lit. A well-lit photo will help you look your best and will make your profile more attractive to potential employers or clients.
Finally, make sure you choose a background photo that you are happy with. Remember, this is the first thing people will see when they visit your LinkedIn profile, so make sure it is a photo that you are proud of.
3. Have a good summary as a bio on your LinkedIn profile
Having good summary is one of the way you can create an attractive LinkedIn profile . Make sure your summary is excellent! Some suggestions for a good summary are to:
- Keep it under 300 words.
- Make it keyword-rich for SEO purposes.
- Use first-person pronouns (I, me, my, etc.)
- Talk about your professional experience and highlight your skills
- Include a call to action (e.g., “Connect with me on LinkedIn!”)
Do not forget your targeted audience when writing your summary. Remember, this is a professional networking site, so you want to come across as competent and likeable. No one wants to connect with someone who seems arrogant or uninterested.
4. Ensure you include all key skills, strengths, and experience in your profile
The first thing potential employers will notice when they visit your LinkedIn page is your profile, so it’s critical to make a good first impression. Start by ensuring that all of your key skills, strengths, and experience are included in your profile. This will help recruiters to see why you’re a good fit for the role and highlight what makes you unique.
Be sure to use keywords that recruiters are likely to search for, such as “project management” or “social media marketing.” In addition, including links to your website or blog will give recruiters a sense of your online presence and help them learn more about you. By taking the time to create a well-rounded profile, you’ll be sure to attract the attention of potential employers.
5. Fill out details of your roles and responsibilities in each position
Be sure to go into detail about your roles and responsibilities in each position you have had. This will give potential employers a better idea of your skills and experience. Try to use action verbs to describe what you accomplished in each role.
For example, “managed”, “created”, or “led”. Include any projects that you spearheaded during your time at each company.
Below are ways that you can write your roles:
- In my previous role as a marketing manager, I was responsible for leading a team of creatives in developing and executing innovative marketing campaigns.
- I managed budgets, timelines, and stakeholder expectations while also providing creative direction and mentorship to my team. Under my leadership, we were able to increase brand awareness by 20% and drive sales growth by 15%.
- I have also held positions in sales and customer service.
- In these roles, I was responsible for meeting quotas, handling customer inquiries, and resolving issues. I excelled in these roles and was recognized as a top performer in both departments.
If you have any publications, be sure to list them here as well. This will show that you are knowledgeable and experienced in your field. Also, outline your achievements and awards in each role. This will give employers a sense of your successes and what you are capable of.
6. Customize your LinkedIn profile URL
One of the simplest things you can do to make your LinkedIn profile more attractive is to customize your URL. By default, LinkedIn assigns you a URL made up of a random string of numbers, which doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue.
You can easily change your URL by going to “Edit Profile,” scrolling down to the “Public Profile” section, and clicking “Edit” next to your URL. From there, you can delete the default string of numbers and replace it with something that’s easier to remember and more attractive.
For example, if your name is Imani David, you might want your LinkedIn URL to be linkedin.com/in/imanidavid. Not only is this URL more attractive, but it’s also easier to share with potential employers, clients, and connections.
7. Start making connections
Start making connections and building your network by writing a profile that accurately reflects your skills and experience.
Another great way of making connections is by joining groups related to your industry or career interests. LinkedIn groups are a fantastic way to network and stay up-to-date on news and trends in your field. Not to mention, they’re a great way to show off your expert knowledge.
When you join a group, your profile will show up in the sidebar of that group’s page. This is yet another way to get your profile seen by potential new connections.
Most people only think about their LinkedIn profile when they’re looking for a job. But your profile is so much more than just a resume; it’s a great way to build your professional brand and connect with like-minded individuals.
8. Ask for recommendations
Ask for recommendations from former colleagues, managers, and direct reports. These will appear on your profile and give potential new connections a sense of your work ethic and skills.
If you are shy about asking for recommendations, LinkedIn has a handy tool that allows you to request them from your connections.
9. Keep your page active
Finally, do not forget to update your LinkedIn profile regularly. LinkedIn is a dynamic platform that is constantly evolving, so it is important to keep your profile current. Regular updates will also help you stay top of mind with your connections.
Make sure to keep your profile up-to-date, so that potential employers can see your most recent experience and skills.
Be sure to proofread your profile before you publish it. Check for grammar and spelling errors. You want to make sure that your profile is error-free and professional looking.
Final thoughts on How to Create an attractive LinkedIn profile
To conclude, remember that your LinkedIn profile is one of the most important tools in your career journey. It’s a great way to showcase your professional brand and connect with potential employers, clients, and customers. By following the tips we’ve outlined above, you can be sure to craft an attractive and eye-catching profile that will help you stand out from the competition. Thanks for reading! We hope this article was helpful.