The John A Kufuor Foundation Scholars’ Programme is a Programme designed to inspire young Ghanaian national by providing specialized orientation through programmed mentorship, skills and experiential activities and annual stipends.
Table of Contents
About the Program
- The The John A Kufuor Foundation Scholars’ Programme was instituted In response to the leadership challenge in Ghana and Africa in order to provide the required specialized preparation for the Ghanaian youth
- The program targets young people in tertiary institutions, who have completed at least one year of studies
- The general and primary aim of the program is to add value to the formal education at the tertiary level by providing specialized orientation through programmed mentorship, skills and experiential activities and annual stipends
- The John A Kufuor Foundation Scholars’ Programme is a three-year training program that offers selected candidates mentorship and coaching, stipend, and specialized seminars and experiential activities.
The John A Kufuor Foundation Scholars’ Programme covers the following areas:
- Citizenship and Civic Responsibility
- Interpersonal skills, Leadership skills, Leadership seminars & Camps
- Problem-solving, Research & Innovation
- Integrity & Accountability
- Corruption and Accountable Governance
- Nation Building
- Ghana in a Globalized World
- Public Administration in Ghana.
- Project Planning and Management
How to apply for the John A Kufuor Foundation Scholars’ Programme 2020
- Be of Ghanaian nationality.
- Have successfully completed the first semester level 100 of study at a Ghanaian university in any academic discipline.
- Have demonstrable leadership interest and experience (e.g. in school, community or at the national level).
- Focus on ability to lead, commitment to service, moral force of character and outstanding academic intellect.
- N/B: Students who are in second year (level 200) and beyond are not eligible
Application is online
What you stand to gain
- Leadership mentoring, camps, excursions and visits, seminars, practical leadership internships, and execution of personal projects prior to graduation.
- A branded personal laptop and a stipend of GH¢500 per semester.
- The Scholar may also have the opportunity of participating in International Exchange Programs
Closing Date: March 31, 2020