Application for the Createch animation incubator 2020 is now on. African animators from across the continent are invited to share their animated projects with the world.
Table of Contents
About the Createch animation incubator 2020
- The CreaTech Animation Incubator is sponsored by the Africa Digital Media Foundation (ADMF), in association with the Heva Fund, Rubika, ADMI, and the Association of Animation Artistes.
- The aim of the programme is to equip select East African animators to attend the Mifa in 2020.
Duration of the Incubation period/Programme Outline
- The CreaTech Incubator will be a three-month series of bootcamps that will include mentoring and high-level training with established industry professionals.
- Experts will include trainers from Rubika, the top animation school in France now at Africa Digital Media Institute (ADMI), as well as international broadcasters, distributors, and sales agents.
- The teams will receive technical training to refine their animation projects, as well as market training to position their projects for success at the Mifa.
- Call open to all East Africa residents.
- Submit an animated series concept that demonstrates creativity and uniqueness
- Demonstrate a passion for animation and establishing a long-term career in the animation industry
- Complete an application in full and submit it via our website by 12 March 2020 (incomplete applications will not be considered)
- Commit to attend all webinar and mentorship sessions, and if successful, the Mifa in June 2020 in Annecy, France
- Agree to meaningfully participate in and contribute to every component of the program
- Acknowledge the CreaTech Animation Incubator and ADMF via social media, if accepted into the program
- Must be over 18 years and a citizen of a country in East Africa with a valid passport (or the ability to obtain a passport before successful finalists are announced.
What the Programme covers/Benefit
- Travel to and accommodation in Annecy will be covered for successful fellows
- The Incubator will provide up to 10 animators or teams with the mentorship they need to develop relevant animated projects.
How to apply
Submit a Concept Note of a single pdf file that contains the following:
- Title of series project, format, target audience and age bracket, and genre
- Synopsis of the story in no more than 250 words.
- One to two sentence short descriptions of some of the central characters
- One to two sentence short descriptions of some of the secondary characters
- 2-5 images of concept art of the world and its characters, backgrounds, model sheets, etc
- Submit a Statement of Intent /Description of Project; its origin, message, its importance and uniqueness. Max. 1 page.
- Submit CV of the author(s)
- Submit scan of copy of passport.
To apply, click here