Application for Australian awards scholarship for African students is now open.
This is What you need to know about the Australian awards scholarship
The Australian awards scholarship for master’s level studies in Australia are offered to eligible African candidates for postgraduate studies. The next round of applications started from 1 October 2019.
The Australia Awards Scholarships is funded by the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
The focus sectors for the Australia Awards Scholarships reflect areas that have been identified as priorities by partner governments and in which Australia is recognised as having world-leading expertise and experience. Current priority sectors include agricultural productivity, extractives and public policy.
The application deadline for the award is 6 December, 2019.
What you stand to gain
The postgraduate study opportunity provided by Australia Awards Scholarships, undertaken in Australia, provides high-quality education and training to talented Africans in specified sectors, in which Australia is recognised as having world-class expertise and experience
Candidates on completion of their studies are expected to return to their home country to drive change and contribute to development.
• A minimum academic qualification is at least a four year bachelor’s degree or equivalent (as indicated in the relevant country’s requirements)
• candidates must be a mid-career professional, currently employed in a relevant field and sector
• candidates must meet relevant postgraduate work experience requirements (as indicated in the relevant country’s eligibility criteria)
• candidates must demonstrate a clear vision of how the knowledge and skills they will gain will be used to drive policy reform and improve practice in their home country
• candidates English proficiency must be sufficient to enable full participation in a training course delivered in English. (Applicants from Madagascar and Mozambique may be supported to reach a satisfactory English proficiency level)
• candidates must meet all the requirements of the Australian Government for the appropriate student visa (subclass 500)
What the scholarship covers
For eligible mid-career professionals, who receive an Australia Awards Scholarship, the following benefits will generally apply:
• Australian educational experience
• Fully paid tuition fees
• Fully paid economy class flight to and from Australia
• Fully paid visa expenses
• Overseas Student Health Cover, for basic medical costs
• A contribution to living expenses
• Adjustment support for women and people with disabilities, if required
• Supplementary academic support if required, to improve a student’s performance
• The opportunity to develop and maintain global links with Australians and other international students
• The opportunity to join a prestigious alumni network after the scholarship
For more information on the Australia Awards Scholarships, and how to apply, click here.